A salad that is full of colour and looks good enough to eat! Part of the fun is the assembling of the salad but you could change how I have it if you are feeling creative enough. This Cuban salad recipe is an easy salad to make and very refreshing. The dressing is fresh and tasty too. I had difficulty restraining myself from munching the whole plate in one sitting!
The salad is a melody of avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, onion and radishes. So simple and with a tasty dressing is very uplifting. It needs to be eaten pretty soon after making as the avocado may start to discolour.
1 head of lettuce (I used Romaine)
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 Avocado, sliced
1/2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
6 radishes, sliced
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Mix the dressing ingredients.
- Shred the lettuce and place on a serving dish or plate.
- Arrange the avocado on the centre.
- Place the onion around the avocado.
- Place the radish slices over the onion.
- Finish with the tomatoes around the outside edge of the plate.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Eat and enjoy!
Serves 2 – 4