I experimented with ground hazelnuts in place of ground almonds to make a cookie and was pleasantly surprised. These are a soft, chewy cookie with a lovely hint of orange that combines well with the hazelnut. The recipe is easy to do. You could get the children to whip up a batch whilst you sit back on the sofa!
Recipe from http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/
1 cup ground hazelnuts
2 Tblspns butter
4 tblspns erythritol
1 egg white
1/8 tspn vanilla
1/4 tspn ground cinnamon
1/8 tspn ground nutmeg
Grated rind of one orange
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend well into a dough.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the dough and make a ball from it.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the dough ball down to make a cookie shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 8 -10 cookies