One of my favourite gluten free flours is coconut flour which is easily purchased in Barbados. Although you need a microwave for this I have not yet tried to see if it can be baked. Since coconut flour is high in fibre, this will be very filling as well as tasty. You could add other ingredients to the cheese too, some ham or tomatoes. Yummy!
Recipe from www.divaliousrecipesinthecity.com
1 tblspn butter (melted) PLUS butter for frying
2 large eggs
2 tblspns water
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn garlic powder
1 tspn dried oregano
2 tblspns coconut flour
salt and pepper
Cheese for the filling, sliced thinly.
Any other filling you wish to use.
- Mix the egg and water together and whisk well.
- Add the butter and blend.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, herbs and seasoning and mix until smooth.
- Place in a square or rectangle microwave dish and spread out evenly.
- Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes until cooked and firm
- Remove from the container and slice in half for two pieces of “bread”.
- Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan and cook one piece until golden brown, then remove.
- Place the remaining piece of “bread” in the pan and layer on the cheese/toppings, then place the other piece of “bread” on top and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Eat and enjoy!