This is a lovely light, moist muffin made from almond flour. Almond flour is basically ground blanched almonds. It is sold sometimes as almond powder. The muffin batter will be very runny, but don’t panic..it cooks well into a moist muffin! You could substitute the strawberries with other berries too. I find that gluten free baking can often be easier than the “traditional” route as you are not spending ages creaming butter with sugar and building a bicep whilst making the batter. You just mix, stir, bake and enjoy!
Recipe from http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/
2 cups almond flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
2 tspns vanilla essence
2/3 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, honey and vanilla essence.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well. Add the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into muffin liners in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!