This is a great use of coconut as it is used to make the cases for these delicious desserts. The chocolate filling is tasty and I even made one version with a large dash of rum (naughty but nice). I used a muffin tin to make these but you could use a mini muffin tin to make small dainty ones. Hey, who I am kidding, make them large and glorious!
Recipe from http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/
2 egg whites
2 1/2 cups dessicated coconut
1/2 cup cream
1 tspn sweetner (I used stevia but feel free to use your own choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Whisk the egg whites and add the sweetner.
- Fold the mixture into the dessicated coconut.
- Grease a muffin tin lightly.
- Place a large tablespoon of the coconut mixture into the muffin tin and press down to make the tartlet shell. Add more mixture if necessary.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden. Cool in the tin.
- Gently heat the cream and add the vanilla and chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted then pour into the coconut cups.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove from the tin, eat and enjoy!