Two favourite desserts combined into one! Delicious! Apple crumble and a muffin. A moist, fruit and crumbly gluten free delight. I love how almond flour bakes into a light and moist muffin. It’s a great ingredient for those in need of a gluten free cake or muffin.
Recipe from http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/
2 cups almond flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
1 tspn vanilla essence
2 Bramley apples
1 tblspn cinnamon
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tblspns butter
1/2 cup erthritol (or other sugar subsitute)
1 tblspn coconut flour
1/4 tspn cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, honey and vanilla essence.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into thin slices. Place into a bowl and cover with the cinnamon.
- Mix the crumble mixture together with your hands (my favourite way of making crumble).
- Place the apple slices on top of the muffin mixture in a layer.
- Sprinke the crumble mixture on top of the apples. Flourish with a sprinkling of cinnamon if you wish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until firm and the crumble mixture is golden.
- Eat and enjoy!