A donut pan comes in handy for making gluten free bagels as well as donuts. This recipe uses coconut flour and flax seed so these are full of fibre and will be filling. A great start to the day!
Recipe from http://divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com/
3 tblspns ground flax seed
2 tblspns coconut flour
1/4 tspn baking powder
4 eggs, separated
1 tspn dried onion
1 tspn garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
- Grease the donut plan with butter/non stick oil.
- Mix the flax seed, coconut flour , baking powder and dried onion.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks. Slowly add the yolks then add the dried mixture.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into the donut tin. Sprinkle additional dried onion on top of each bagel.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bagels are golden brown (if baking mini ones as I did the cooking time is 15-20 minutes)
- Eat and enjoy!