A savoury muffin makes a nice change to a sweet one and this also makes a great side dish to soup instead of a bread roll. If you don’t eat breakfast until you get to work, you can bake a batch and keep them in the freezer. Take one out before you go to work and by the time you get there, it should be ready to eat (or you can zap it in the microwave for a hot treat). You are then set for the day!
Recipe from www.divaliciousrecipesinthecity.com
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn ground white pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tblspns fresh chives, finely chopped
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
3-4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, water and salt and combine well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the Parmesan, Cheddar Cheese, chives and spring onions and mix well. Season with the pepper to taste.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spoon the mixture into them. Sprinkle on some grated cheese if you with (either Parmesan or Cheddar works well)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!